In this joomla video tutorials, i will be installing joomla 3x using Cpanel. Installing Joomla 3x for the first time is very easy. Joomla is built-in web installer makes setting up your new site a breeze. Joomla 3x comes with many new features and responsive design. I recommend you should use joomla 3x to built your website.
Installing Joomla 3x using Cpanel
1. Hosting Requirements
You’ll need to meet the following requirements below to install and use Joomla 3x.
2. Prepare for install
- Download Joomla 3x.
- Upload Joomla installation package to the server.
- Create a database on Cpanel.
3. Start Install
A. Go to yourdomain.com or yourdomain.com/folder to install.
You will see the page “Main Configuration” looks like this
- Site Name: The name of your website.
- Description: Enter a description of the website.
- Admin Email Address: The admin email address. Enter a valid email in case you forget your password.
- Admin Username: Joomla! uses a default “admin” as the username for the Super User. You can leave it as is, change it now(which a good Security measure).
- Admin Password: Remember that super user has maximum control of the site (frontend & backend), so try to use a difficult password.
- Site Offline: Click the Yes or No box. Yes – this means when installation is complete, your Joomla! website will display the ‘Site is offline message’ when you browse to yoursitename.com to view the home page. No – this means the site is live when you browse to yoursitename.com to view the home page.
B. Click on “Next” button, you will see the page “Database Configuration” looks like this
- Database Type: MySQLi is the common database used
- Hostname: Common is localhost, but some hosts use a specific database server such as dbserver1.yourhost.com
- Username: The username used to connect to the database
- Password: The password for the database’s username
- Database Name: The name of the database
- Table Prefix: One is generated automatically, but you can change it. For example, jos3_ can be used. Just don’t forget to put the underscore character(_) at the end of the prefix.
- Old Database Process: Should the installer backup or delete existing tables during the installation of new tables? Click, Yes or No to select the choice.
C. Click on “Next” button, you will see the page “Overview” looks like this
Choose “Install Sample Data” is “Default English (GB) Sample Data” .
D. Click on “Install” button. You will see the last page looks like this
Congratulations! Joomla 3x is now installed. Now you can navigate to the Administrator log in by clicking Administrator or go right to your site by clicking Site.